New Ideas in Media
Will you walk away with $5,000, $3,500 or $1,500?
Still Accepting Applications!
Take the next step and make an appointment to talk to the ICC!
How to win:
- Pick a solution to implement:
The Fall Innovation Challenge, that will conclude December 3rd, is looking for innovative solutions in online media technology, solving the problems of:
- Data mining, machine learning, speech-to-text data when used with big data projects, applying natural language processing with large collections of data
- Enhanced HTML5 Smart TV Viewing Experiences,
- Online content Delivery
- Group Membership Models
- Sensors (motion, video, etc.,) to count, as accurate as possible, humans (for reporting person to advertisers)...
We can assist you with assessing your idea and determining the best way to accomplish your task. The ICC-IT and/or Schurz Communications will provide guidance and information - all you have to do is ask!
- Sign up by sending a note to the ICC-IT:
- Choose a time for an initial Project Discussion by contacting InnovationChallenge@purdueicc.org with your availability Sept. 16-20
- Mentors will be available
- Project Development funding possibility
- Proposal needs to be submitted by October 1st, 2013
- Meet the dates:
- September 16th -20th, ICC/Entrant Project Discussions take place
- September 5th – November 26th - : Project Help Sessions & Project Check-In Meetings
- December 3rd - Judging Day & Evening Award Ceremony
- Rules and Guidelines:
- The contest may include graduate students and undergraduate students (each person can be on only one team).
- Each team can include any number of team members.
- Teams may seek help from anyone, whether university or externally related.
- ICC will provide teams with guidance on a scheduled basis and on an as re-quested basis.
- The work must be your own – don’t infringe on others.
- The challenge does not seek to own your work.
- JUDGING CRITERIA:
- Presentation (the ability to “sell” the project)
- Completeness (which might include):
- Working software/prototype
- A documented interesting data analysis discovery or method
- A membership concept with interesting documented customer validation
- Coolness factor
More informationView Flyer with Official Rules
Contact Purdue ICC-IT at InnovationChallenge@purdueicc.org! We want to help you succeed!